Re: Draft registration for application/xenc+xml

Joseph,

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:13:59PM -0400, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> Hi Mark, the XML Encryption syntax has the capacity to represent this
> information. (And it is OPTIONAL, so if we have it in both places, it would
> be odd to have it be required in the mediatype.) If you encrypt a PNG, the
> resulting instance might look like:

Sorry, I forgot about 'MimeType'.  That changes things.  I agree that
the parameter is redundant, and therefore I'd recommend against it.

I've just had a quick look at the spec, but I need to spend more time
thinking about MimeType & Type, to make sure that it handles this
properly.  For example, I would think that a recommendation to not
guess the value of MimeType, but to reuse the media type (if known)
of the content, would be a good idea.

More later, if I find anything requiring comment.  Thanks.

MB