Re: Proposed TAG Finding: Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 16:59:13 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 16:04, Tantek Celik wrote:
> > and pretty
> > much just encourages more bad behavior.
>
> This is logically false.
>
> Failing to encourage good behavior does not equate to encouraging bad
> behavior.
>
> On the other hand bad behavior by content authors / webmasters certainly
> directly encourages bad behavior by implementers.

And how exactly do you expect those people to figure out that
something's wrong when "it looks just fine in Internet Explorer"?

Heck, I'd settle for a big switch in Internet Options that says
something like: "ENFORCE ALL STANDARDS SADISTICALLY".

I haven't found that one yet, and somehow I don't expect to see it.  I
can write all the books and specs I want, but if "it works", people
aren't going to seek out why it isn't genuinely working.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!