Re: TAG document: SOAP HTTP GET binding available

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:46:20 +0200
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
CC: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, "'XML Protocol Discussion'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org
Tim, I share your concerns with the verbosity of DavidO's proposal, but I think your proposal
favors the RPC convention (optional, based upon the SOAP encoding) over unencoded data (i.e.
regular XML encoding). Also, this would mean changing the default for the encodingStyle AII:
currently, when no encodingStyle AII is in scope, "no claims are made regarding the encoding
style of that EII and its descendants" [1].

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part1.html#soapencattr