RE: [WhenToUseGet-7] Re: TAG document: SOAP HTTP GET binding avai lable

Hi Tim,

Hmmmm... my preference for the 'Content-Location' approach is because it
works regardless of the style of SOAP message in use.

The proposed URL-encoding approach works for some subset of SOAP messages
that 1) fit the RPC conventions and 2) have only 'simple' parameter values.
We could debate whether this hits a 60-40 or even 80-20 point - but unless
we work on a URL encoding for almost arbitrary XML, there will be resource
identifying SOAP messages that cannot be encoded into a URL.

I'm not sure I buy what appears to be a "Current servers don't or can't
generate Content-Location headers." argument. It may be true, but it does
seem a little surprising.

regards

Stuart