Re: Summary of 29 Apr 2002 TAG teleconference

From: Roy Hoobler <rhoobler@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:29:53 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-tag@w3.org
>From a 'business' perspective, the idea of 'safe' methods sounds very good.  I have two questions:
1.  Souldn't GET always be stateless? I think it is a good idea that when requesting a resource via GET, no other session information can be presumed available?  From your descussion and other's, this makes a lot of sense.

2.  Can UDDI cover some of the problems with SOAP's securtity and protocals.  SOAP is a good HTTP protocal and UDDI, doesn't restrict using SOAP.  However, with UDDI  in place, servers could use UDDI for security, before accessing the SOAP request.  That would make UDDI worth-while for a lot of people that currently don't need it.

Roy