Cars and People

From: Brown Mark R <BrownMarkR@JohnDeere.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:14:15 -0600
To: "'Jonathan Borden'" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
cc: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
I might argue, too, that the day is coming when toasters, refrigerators,
cars, and even people will be resources with their own URIs, when embedded
Web functions and ubiquitous wireless become a reality. A repairman, for
example, will be able to reference a resource remotely that actually IS the
car he wants to monitor. So the distinction is more than just academic. If
I'm a tech, I definitely don't want to find some guy's personal Web site
where he brags about his shiny car, complete with JPEG gallery, when what I
really want to do is download some diagnostic information directly from the
car's CAN controllers.
-Mark R. Brown