section 1, intro: summary of substantive feedback so far

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 18:01:49 -0600
To: www-tag@w3.org
Ian, Tim Bray, and everybody,

I appended to the intro section
  $Revision: 1.8 $ of $Date: 2002/03/25 23:30:28 $

a summary of the feedback I've seen so far:

    *  DOM is in there; why not XML Schema? Infoset? Ferris, 18 Mar

    * boundaries for the Web Simon St.Laurent (Thu, Mar 21 2002)
          o how do telnet:, mailto:, tel: fit? suggestion: DanC 19Mar
          o " the web. only the web" -- Galeon home page
                + hmm... is the web read-only? isn't email part of the
          o links should show up in a one-page intro to Web
Architecture, no? Mark Brown, 21 Mar

There has been a lot of email recently, much
of it undert the subject of "section 1, intro for review"
that I don't think is directly relevant.

If you send review comments about section one
and they're not reflected somehow in that list,
then I lost them in the discussion blizzard or something;
if you think they're important, consider re-sending them.
Choose your subject line carefully, and if
at all possible, suggest replacement text.

This is just an acknowledgement of substantive feedback;
I haven't attempted to address the feedback by editing
the text, since we have plans for Ian to edit the
whole collection (intro/uri/doc formats/REST/messaging).

Ian, I gather Tim Bray has some editing he intends to do.
Tim, if you just want to pass and just give it to Ian at this point,
that's fine by me.