Re: Point of order re traffic

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 13:22:33 -0600
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 12:32, Tim Bray wrote:
> In the last week or so, the www-tag volume has reached the point where I'm not really able to keep on top of it with real thoughtful attention to all messages.

Me too, I'm afraid.

I think think this is a result of having actual documents
to discuss. That's a good thing; meanwhile... I suggest
there are some obligations that come with the opportunity
to review specific text: that is: please focus
the discussion on the text!

e.g. please keep in mind that getting the last
word in an email thread is not the point; the
last word is in the document.

>  Some of the techniques [...]

A rule of thumb I like:

If a thread goes back and forth three times without
anybody suggesting textual changes to the document,
something's wrong.

Take it offline or something.

www-archive is particularly handy for that, as observed
by MarkB recently.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Mar/0095.html