RE: Web boundaries (was RE: section 1, intro, for review)

I'm not sure what "protocol work" you are talking about.  Which W3C WG is
doing protocol work that compares to BEEP?

I think that the web includes architectural styles in addition to shared
information models and hence protocols other than HTTP.  I didn't suggest
that the W3C had to be the place where the protocol evolution necessarily
occurred.

I would be completely comfortable in considering XML messages flowing
between URI identified resources using BEEP/TCP/SMTP to be an evolutionary
step, part of the web, and maybe part of web services.

Cheers,
Dave