Re: section 1, intro, for review

Interesting. However, I think that without this explanation,
as to why DOM is listed as a technology for designing new
formats, others will be similarly confused.

I think that omitting XML Schema from this list just
because it is also an instance format is unwarranted. I
would suggest that it be added back even if the list
is not intended to be exhaustive.

I am also puzzled by the absence of XML Infoset in the
list.

Cheers,

Chris