W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2002

notes from 4 Mar TAG telcon [was: IRC log?]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 08 Mar 2002 11:57:24 -0600
To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1015610245.3177.152.camel@dirk>
On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 11:07, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Is there an IRC log for the 4 March 2002 TAG teleconference?

yes... http://www.w3.org/2002/03/04-tagmem-irc

Apologies... I accpted scribe duties and neglected to execute them...
I wasn't sure what's expected in the way of meeting records,
so I tried to find out a bit more, then I got distracted.
Thanks for the reminder.

Here's what I like to see by way of meeting records:
(a) attendance, (b) list of agenda items, with
any resulting decisions and actions.

So...

present: TimBL, Stuart, DanC, ChrisL, PaulC, Norm, TimBray, RoyF, DaveO

=== 1. review of record of previous meeting, including actions
agenda summarized actions from previous meeting:
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/04-tag.html

all done except:

 WITHDRAWN: PaulC Summarize TAG findings on using URIs: (a) use URIs
when naming in context of Web (2) should be able to follow URI to
explanatory material (3) software is not required to follow a URI when
processing it

 ACTION TimBL CONTINUES: Add a section on datatypes to the TAG arch doc
toc.

 ACTION DanC: check with XML PM workshop chair, make report available to
the public, per CFP.

 ACTION RoyF CONTINUES: Summarize different approaches currently used
for mapping URIs to media types.

ACTION TimBL CONTINUES from 12 Feb "In 28 Jan findings, propose
alternative wording to section on namespace-based dispatching"

ACTION TimBL CONTINUES: "In 28 Jan findings, change "Should" to "Must"
where appropriate."

ACTION IJ CONTINUES: "Integrate findings into TAG arch doc toc."

ACTION TBL WITHDRAWN: Ask Philipp Hoschka to take a new HTTP requirement
on idempotent POST-like method to IETF liaison teleconference. Include
the XForms WG in the loop.

RESOLVED: forward PaulC's summary of TAG work so far to www-tag,
w3c-ac-members, chairs@w3.org.16:00:00 [DanCon]
ACTION DanC.

=== 2. Technical Plenary - short report
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/04-tagmem-irc#T16-01-06

no decisions/actions.


=== 3. Creative writing: dividing up the TOC
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/04-tagmem-irc#T16-06-08

These are sorta like actions, though they
weren't recorded as such...; folks signed up
to work on one-page write-ups of TOC sections:

1. Intro: DanC, Bray
2. What's a URI?: Norm, Stuart
3. How do we convey information?: [scribe missed it?]
4. Applicationl State Transfer @@ retitle: Roy, DaveO
5. Messages: Chris, PaulC

also: DaveO/Norm/TimBL: something about dependencies.

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
Received on Friday, 8 March 2002 12:57:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:05 GMT