Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses, take 2

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:28:03 +0000
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: TAG <www-tag@w3.org>
/ "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com> was heard to say:
| I also have a minor concern with:
|
|   6. Namespace names should not be URNs.

This one bothers me as well. In fact, I expect I disagree but may lack
the conviction to continue pursuing it.

| Which I'd prefer to see stated in a way that more directly exposes the
| concern eg:
|
|   6. Namespace names should use URI schemes that are dereferencable.

That's better. But there are mechanisms which make URNs equally easy
to dereference, though perhaps we do not yet have a mature,
distributed resolution mechanism.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | The stone fell on the pitcher? Woe to the
XML Standards Engineer | pitcher. The pitcher fell on the stone? Woe to