Re: [namespaceDocument-8] Proposal: "Namespace Document" = RDF

At 10:48 PM 27/02/02 -0500, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>This is, of course, much more sound.  I understand some folks prefer the
>XLINK version, and I don't like to push RDF as Director, but RDF is
>appropriate
>here, and I hate to think of leaving a legacy of litle RDDL1 > RDDL/RDF
>converters
>distributed thoughout the data processing world.

Are you arguing in favor of a RDF document, or an XHTML document
with embedded assertions in the style of RDDL?  I think having
the top-level document be XHTML is a Very Good Thing, because
it allows a human to point any old generic browser at a
namespace name and thereby learn something, without requiring
any other software.

If we could agree on the namespace document being by default
human-readable, I think we could then have a reasonable debate
on RDF or XLink for directory purposes.  Whereas I lean to
Xlink, it's hard to imagine the debate being too fierce since
the information packages nicely in either syntax.  -Tim