Re: Draft agenda: 24 June TAG teleconference (Arch document, WSA update)

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> WSDL should (IMO) have a binding to support the HTTP-GET-in/SOAP-out MEP
> that is being added to SOAP 1.2. In my mind that binding is orthogonal
> to the existing SOAP binding; do you see it differently?

I see it differently.

It is very important that we not be forced to ues GET-in/SOAP-out or
GET-in/XML-out or POST/XML-in/XML-out for an *entire service*. Different
ways of using HTTP are not new protocol bindings. They are part of a
single logical binding: SOAP over HTTP. GET and POST are part of the
same protocol, not two different protocols. A WSDL service should
therefore bind some of its operations to one and some to another, not
bind ALL to one and then ALL to the other as two different bindings.

If I have a stock buying and selling service, getStockQuote should use
GET. buyStock should use POST. In the same binding SOAP/HTTP or "pure
HTTP" binding of the service!

 Paul Prescod