RE: Potential new issue: PSVI considered harmful

At 02:04 PM 6/12/2002 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>Now having summarized the series of links in your article

At least you've acknowledged that there is something more than "personal"
going on here.

>  I still see nothing which points to a coherent argument against XQuery
> and XPath 2.0 supporting W3C XML Schema for use in type aware queries.
> Especially since nothing in either recommendation mandates the usage of
> W3C XML Schema.

Provided that W3C XML Schema is not required at all for use of those
specifications, you may be correct.  Require even an understanding of W3C
XML Schema to use those facilities, however, and I'll question your usage
of the word "coherent".

Most of the opposition to ongoing work on XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0, and XQuery
relates to the addition of W3C XML Schema concepts to their core.  Remove
that, and I suspect you'll see the opposition vanish, or at least turn to
other (hopefully more productive) aspects.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue