 From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]
 Sent: Wed 6/12/2002 12:21 PM
 To: www-tag@w3.org
 Subject: Re: Potential new issue: PSVI considered harmful

 At 11:13 AM 6/12/2002 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
 >4. Work on XQuery and other things that require a Type-Augmented Infoset
 >must not depend on schema processing, and should not have normative
 >linkages to any schema language specifications.

 I'd say this item is a crucial requirement if the W3C wants to avoid a
 serious fork in XML development.  Efforts to impose the PSVI as part of the
 XML core are not very welcome in a lot of places.

 I'm well aware that's a political issue, but the impact on what constitutes
 Web Architecture seems real enough.

 Simon St.Laurent
 "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue