Re: Potential new issue: PSVI considered harmful

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:21:46 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

At 11:13 AM 6/12/2002 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>4. Work on XQuery and other things that require a Type-Augmented Infoset
>must not depend on schema processing, and should not have normative
>linkages to any schema language specifications.

I'd say this item is a crucial requirement if the W3C wants to avoid a
serious fork in XML development.  Efforts to impose the PSVI as part of the
XML core are not very welcome in a lot of places.

I'm well aware that's a political issue, but the impact on what constitutes
Web Architecture seems real enough.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue