Re: Proposed TAG Finding: Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 06:38:14PM -0700, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> By orphaning I mean just that.  If UAs all of sudden treated all those
> "text/html" pages that are served as "text/plain" as "text/plain", then any
> documents that those pages linked to would become unlinked from the web.

FWIW, I never understood why URIs weren't "clickable" from text/plain
documents.  They're harder to find than in HTML of course, and you might
misidentify some non-URIs as URIs, but I can see no harm in doing this.

So if you enabled this at the same time as fixing the HTML-text/plain
issue, then everybody's happy, no?

MB