Re: Updated: issue qnameAsId-18

At 3:19 PM -0400 6/7/02, Norman Walsh wrote:

>| What about the XSLT case? e.g.
>|
>| <xsl:apply-templates select =
>| "child::Person/child::name:First[following-sibling::name:MI = 'M']" />
>
>Given that XPath can't be "undone" at this point, there's no point
>saying that the use of QNames in XPath is wrong.

Yes.

>I think the finding needs to say something about XPath explicitly, but
>I haven't figured out what yet. Suggestions most gratefully accepted.

It occurs to me that one type the W3C XML Schema Language does not
have is xsd:xpath; i.e. a string which is a legal XPath expression.
And I doubt that could be defined as a regular expression. I'm not
sure what relevance that has here, except as one more example of the
limitations of schema types.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |