Re: [URIEquivalence-15] Namespaces in XML -- URI, IRIs and equivalence

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>>AGREED: The Namespaces specification should make clear whether:
>>-  "%6A" is the same as "j"
>
> According to the Namespace specification it is not, those are different
> character sequences.

Hmm.  I quote from REC-xml-names:

   [Definition:] URI references which identify namespaces are
   considered identical when they are exactly the same
   character-for-character.

Fortunately <snicker> "character-by-character" is a sufficiently elastic
phrase to leave us an escape hatch.  I think we can coherently assert
and (probably should) that character-by-character means that %6a and %6A
and 'j' are the same character. -Tim