Re: Updated: issue qnameAsId-18

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 10:10, Brian McBride wrote:
[...]
> 2) RDFCore has an outstanding issue to allow qnames as attribute values as
> a shorthand for a URI REF.  This would mean that RDF would have attributes
> which allowed either a URI or a qname in the same attribute value.

I don't expect so.

Rather, RDF would have one resource="..uri ref here..."
attribute, and one rdf:resourceQ="...qname here..." attribute.

>  Would
> RDF be consistent with this finding if it were to go ahead and allow that.

Whether it's consistent with the finding or not seems irrelevant;
it's just not workable to have one attribute take either
a qname or a URI ref.

(Technically, XML Schema allows unions of that sort, but they're
messy and I wouldn't support using them in RDF.)