Re: httpRange-14 , what's the problem

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 02:04:47 +0100
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: "www-tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

At 04:21 PM 7/17/02 -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>Then the argument is a waste of time anyway, since it doesn't prevent
>RDF from having to deal with those resources that are not documents.

I think I'm missing something here:  RDF treats all URIs (and URI
references) without regard for the URI scheme, so if there's a problem here
I don't think it's with RDF.

The only issue for RDF that I'm aware of is how to deal with URI references
containing fragment identifiers.  (See my earlier proposal/note to this
list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0020.html)

I'm posting this note because I suspect the debate may be confusing a
couple of (mostly) distinct issues (and I suspect I'm as guilty as anyone
of propagating the confusion in the above-cited message in the final
paragraph).

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>