Re: httpRange-14 , what's the problem

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:39:28 -0700
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>

I agree with Tim and Roy on the range of HTTP but I do still think that
there is a problem worth solving.

Sometimes you really do want to make an assertion about a representation
of a resource. Mark Baker says to use Content-Location but I think there
needs to be a totally declarative way for RDF to say: "this is a
statement about the resource" and "this is a statement about the HTML
representation" and even "this is a statement about the thirteen
character in the HTML representation." If we standardized that then I
think that much of this debate would go away.
--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com