W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2002

[Agenda] 15 July TAG teleconf (arch doc, qnames, formatting props, httpRange-14)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:52:38 -0400
Message-ID: <3D2DA9C6.50702@w3.org>
To: www-tag@w3.org


The agenda for the 15 July 2002 TAG teleconf is available
as HTML [1] and text below.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/15-tag
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

    [1]W3C [2]| TAG | Previous: [3]8 Jul | Next: 22 July

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/08-tag-summary

                   Agenda for 15 July 2002 TAG teleconference

    Nearby: [4]Teleconference details  [5]issues list  [6]www-tag

       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist
       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

    Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
    business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

     1. Confirm scribe
     2. Roll call. Regrets: CL
     3. Accept this [7]agenda
     4. Next meeting? Proposed 22 July.
     5. Accept [8]8 July minutes
     6. Confirm status of [9]completed actions
     7. Confirm status of [10]withdrawn actions [None]

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/08-tag
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/08-tag-summary

   1.2 Completed actions?

     1. IJ: Find out whether the W3C Comm Team expects to have a
        publishing moratorium in August. (Awaiting reply).

2. Technical (75min)

   2.1 Findings in progress, architecture document (45min)

    See also: [11]findings.
     1. Architecture document
          1. ACTION TBL [12]2002/05/05: Negotiate more of IJ time 
for arch
          2. ACTION RF 2002/06/24: Write a paragraph on technical and
             political aspects of URIs and URI References.
          3. Action TB, DC 2002/07/08: Propose text for section 1.1 (URI
          4. Action CL 2002/07/08: Propose text for section 2 (Formats).
             Deadline 30 July.
          5. Action DC 2002/07/08: Ask Michael Mealing when IETF decided
             not to use HTTP URis to name protocols.
          6. Action IJ 2002/07/08: Produce WD of Arch Doc. Deadline 30
     2. [13]Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use.
           + Action PC 2002/07/08: Propose alternative wording for 
             regarding IANA registration. Refer to "[14]How to 
Register a
             Media Type with IANA (for the IETF tree) "
     3. [15]Qnames as identifiers
          1. Action NW 2002/06/24: Follow up on [16]Rick Jelliffe
     4. [17]Consistency of Formatting Property Names, Values, and
           + Status of this finding after NW responds to 
[18]comments from

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0505-agenda#Session
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids.html
      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jun/0126
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/formatting-properties
      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0120.html

   2.2 Priority issues (30min)

     1. [19]httpRange-14: Need to make progress here to advance in Arch
     2. [20]uriMediaType-9: Status of negotiation with IETF? See
        [21]message from DanC.
           + Action TBL: Get a reply from the IETF on the TAG finding.
     3. RFC3023Charset-21:
           + Action CL: Send copy of information sent to tag regarding
             [22]RFC3023Charset-21 to www-tag.
     4. Status of [23]URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of
        the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on [24]URI
        canonicalization and [25]email from Martin in particular.
     5. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query
           + ACTION DO 2002/06/24: Contact WSDL WG about this issue
             (bindings, query strings and schemas) to ensure that 
it's on
             their radar. See [26]discussions from 24 Jun TAG teleconf.
     6. [27]RFC3023Charset-21
           + ACTION CL [28]2002/6/03: Send [29]writeup on this issue to
     7. augmentedInfoset-22:
           + [30]Request from Tim Bray to decide this issue 
(disposition =
             closed). Pushback from Simon St. Laurent.
           + ACTION DC 2002/06/17: Talk to XML Schema WG about PSVI.
             Report to tag, who expects to decide whether to add as an
             issue next week. DanC has sent email; awaiting reply 
from XML
             Scheme WG.

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#uriMediaType-9
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2002Jun/0095.html
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#RFC3023Charset-21
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#URIEquivalence-15
      [24] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html#canonicalization
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002May/0161
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/24-tag-summary.html#wsa-get
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#RFC3023Charset-21
      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jun/0019.html
      [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2002Jun/0090.html
      [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0159.html

   2.3 New issues?

     1. Bad practice: Overriding HTTP content-type with a URI
        reference.[31]See email from TBL.
     2. "Deep linking illegal" bad practice? See [32]email from Tim 

      [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jun/0117.html
      [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0118.html


     Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
     Last modified: $Date: 2002/07/11 14:55:50 $
Received on Thursday, 11 July 2002 11:55:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:09 GMT