Arch doc: meaning of term 'representation'?: Re: TB16 Re: Comments on arch doc draft

Patrick Stickler wrote:

> Documentation about some resource is not an HTTP representation of
> that resource.

I define (HTTP) documentation of some resource precisely as such a
representation. Perhaps this is the crux of the dispute, over how the term
"representation" is being used? I am not saying that any representation of
some thing _is_ that thing, rather, a text description, or a picture, or
some other electronic representation. Are we arguing over the meaning of
"representation" ?

Perhaps the meaning of this term needs clarification?

Jonathan