Re: [nsMediaType-3] Principles and corner cases

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:27:21 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
> Agreeing on all this doesn't make the problems go away. Here are
> some that arise - maybe they're corner/pathological cases that can
> be overlooked, but they should be considered:
>
> C1. As demonstrated by the example of XSLT on this list, the
> namespace of a root element can be misleading.  It has been
> suggested that the same problem is likely to show up in XQuery.

Another example is RSS1.0 [1]. It's arguable whether it's just as
valid to call a RSS instance an RDF document as an RSS document, but
I'd note that this specific serialisation was chosen to be
backwards-compatible with a non-RDF XML language, so it is useful to
identify it as RSS. I suspect that other RDF-based languages may have
the same issue.

[1] http://purl.org/rss/1.0/

--
Mark Nottingham