Re: GET should be encouraged, not deprecated, in XForms [was: Issue request for the TAG: XForms]

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:33:31 -0800
To: "David E. Cleary" <davec@progress.com>, www-tag@w3.org, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Chris Lilley wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 23, 2002, 10:26:39 PM, Paul wrote:
>
> PP> That's not the issue. This URL was generated with a form that does GET:
>
> PP> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=David+Cleary
>
> PP> How would I generate that URL in a post-Form-GET world?
>
> With a single submit button and a null document instance, which would
> then alert the XForms implementation to use GET instead of PUT or POST
> as there is no message body to send.

I'm not following.

We're talking about whether XForms should support GET into the future.
Are you presuming the answer is "yes" and suggesting a new syntax for
triggering it? It was not my impression that there was a problem with
the current syntax for triggering GET. It should just be un-deprecated
and slightly cleaned up.

 Paul Prescod