language bindings for extending functionality

From: cutlass <cutlass@secure0.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:48:31 -0000
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

I was wondering if the issue of language binding ( and  subsequent lack of a
dedicated WG ) may be considered as an issue for the TAG to review?  One of
the reasons why I suggest this, is that language
 binding falls across many remits; the potential for derivatives is
harrowing at best. I see now divergent methods of extending functionality
occuring in  XSLT, SVG, Xforms, etc.... and there would also be the commonly
discussed  situation of certain languages ( Java in point )being  prefered
over others .....I will not go into the finer details of the namespace
language bindings or xsl:script arguements etc...

Language binding was explicitly dropped from XSLT 2.0, in the recognition
that a common approach was required across the W3C.

 regards, jim fuller