Re: Media types

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 21:16:10 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org, ietf-xml-mime@imc.org
On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 20:00, Mark Baker wrote:
> > Therefore, it is not useful to send something as application/xml unless
> > the sender specifically wishes it to be processed as generic XML.
>
> Fair enough.  So what if we define "generic XML" to include dispatch
> to processors keyed on namespace declarations?  Wouldn't that make
> it more semantically significant?

I think I'm going to write up an initial draft using Content-features
for an xmlns feature, so we should have some "semantic significance" in
a MIME-specific context to discuss shortly.

Hopefully I'll have it written by end of day tomorrow - this doesn't
look especially tough, at least for an initial draft.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!