Re: "Homework" (was: [Minutes] 7 Jan 2002 TAG teleconference)

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@ebuilt.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:33:05 -0800
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org
On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:52:38AM +0000, Graham Klyne wrote:
> It strikes me that the primary focus of this material is on protocol
> interactions, with only passing reference to information representation
> issues.  I think both of these issues (should) have comparable weight in an
> articulation of Web architecture.  Much of W3C's current work is focused on
> information representations in XML (and RDF).

Yes, I said the same thing during our teleconference.  I only briefly
discussed content type issues in terms of their effect on latency and
the nature of presentation-oriented link relationships.  There are
many other layers of abstraction (DOM, for example) that also define
architectures that are important to the Web.

....Roy