Re: Delegating authority (was Re: Comments on arch document (15 November draft)

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:14:49PM -0800, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> True, but in this context, I'm less interested in establishing her
> provenence with WHOIS (not very machine-readable, in any case) than I am
> with being able to disambiguate her from bob, joe and all of those Marks.

I understand, but I'm saying that you should be interested in whois,
because "mary.publicwebhosting.com" is not the "authority", it's just
the value of the authority component of the URI.  The "authority" is
the entity that registered publicwebhosting.com.

MB