re: uri-comp draft necessary?

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:29:00 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

Tim Bray writes:
>At several points during yesterday's TAG call, Dan claimed repeatedly
>that URIs a and b are equivalent if (strcmp(a,b)==0) equal, otherwise
>not, end of story.  If we believe this, we can discard the uri-comp
>draft entirely right now and I won't put any more work into editing it.
>  Do we believe this? -Tim

I'd move ahead with a draft even if - perhaps especially if - you
believe this.  In addition to being an opportunity for a uniquely short
assertion of an important fact about the web, "official" status would
make it much easier to get people to take it seriously, pro or con.
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!