re: uri-comp draft necessary?

Tim Bray writes:
>At several points during yesterday's TAG call, Dan claimed repeatedly
>that URIs a and b are equivalent if (strcmp(a,b)==0) equal, otherwise
>not, end of story.  If we believe this, we can discard the uri-comp
>draft entirely right now and I won't put any more work into editing it.
>  Do we believe this? -Tim

I'd move ahead with a draft even if - perhaps especially if - you
believe this.  In addition to being an opportunity for a uniquely short
assertion of an important fact about the web, "official" status would
make it much easier to get people to take it seriously, pro or con.
--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!