Re: Posted draft of URI comparison finding

Larry Masinter wrote:
> I think at the root of many of the difficulties
> in this discussion is what seems like an
> assumption that there is (or should be) only
> one notion of "equivalence" for URIs.

I don't agree that the current draft has this assumption.
Larry goes on at length...

> So I think it is useful to keep the discussion
> in the domain of string manipulation, and different
> kinds of string equivalences.

Agreed.  It is required to have some initial discussion of the fact that
while there is some notion of resource equivalence lurking in the
background, in practical terms software has to work with the bytes in
the URI and some help from the RFCs. -Tim