Re: XML-*

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:23:46 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

/ noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com was heard to say:
| Again speaking  for myself, I don't think it deals with the other concerns
| that make internal subsets and entities problematic in SOAP.  The note
| from the XMLP group should go out soon, but in a nutshell, you still have
| to deal with lots of buffer management issues and string rewriting issues
| in a high performance parser, and I think one could make the case that all

It seems to me that supporting the possibility of managing entities
should have little impact on performance for documents that don't have

| of that opens you up a bit more to buffer overrun problems etc.  My own
| concern is mainly with performance, and with the fact that having the
| internal subset in there raises questions of how to propagate it through
| SOAP intermediaries, etc.

It'd have to be an attachment, I suppose. I would have thought that
was reasonably common, but I could be mistaken.

                                        Be seeing you,

- --
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM    | Resist the urge to hurry; it will only slow
XML Standards Architect | you down--Bruce Eckel
Web Tech. and Standards |
Sun Microsystems, Inc.  |
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)