RDDL Proposal from Tim Bray

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:40:17 -0800
To: WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

The example in my proposal seems to have been mangled somehow in the
www-tag archives by a combination of line-wrap and something in the pipe
trying to interpret some of the tags.  Here's another effort; all HTML
tags have been protected with an "h:" prefix and I've shortened the lines:

<h:html xmlns:rddl="http://www.rddl.org">
<h:head><h:title>The L namespace</h:title>
<h:/head>
<h:body><h:h1>The L Namespace</h:h1>
<h:p>The name of the namespace is
    "http://example.com/L" </h:p>
<rddl:rr href="/schemas/L.rng"
          title="RelaxNG Schema"
          nature="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
          purpose="http://www.rddl.org/purposes#validation" />
<rddl:rr href="/style/L.css"
          title="CSS Stylesheet"
          nature=
  "http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/text/css"
          purpose="http://www.rddl.org/purposes#render" />
</h:body>
</h:html>

Pro: easy for anyone to understand, parse, and generate.
Con: Isn't XLink so if a generic XLink processor existed, it wouldn't be
able to use it.
Con: Isn't RDF, so not directly part of the Semantic Web (on the other
hand, you could trivially generate any of the dozens of different
RDDL/RDF proposals based on reading the above).

   -Tim