Mail archive corruption [was: Posted draft of URI comparison finding]

From: Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:17:52 +0000
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, sysreq@w3.org

Hi Chris,

In the member-only:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-i18n-ig/2002Nov/0022.html

I wrote:

mw> I have carried out a test, the results of which are available at:
mw>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2002Nov/0082.html
mw>
mw> The problems occcur if the text is recognised as a URI.  There are
mw> three problems:
mw>
mw> -   "&amp;" gets displayed as "&"
mw>
mw> -   "" (e acute) gets displayed as "\" (backslash)
mw>
mw> -   decimal numeric character references get displayed
mw>     as the character they represent

Below I reproduce that test for people who don't have member access.

&amp;
http://www.example.org/&amp;

http://www.example.org/

&#233;