Re: What are Semantics? (Was: Serving generic XML)

At 1:29 PM -0700 8/19/02, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

>If you make an arbitrary XML document, you cannot expect a browser to
>determine that <headline> is supposed to be "a header" -- even if you
>have visual presentation added on (via styles) which show that.

Ah, but I can expect exactly that. And if a browser fails to do so
then I say this is a flawed browser, especially when it comes to
accessibility. If humans can recognize certain visual layouts as
headers, then I think we should teach our computers to recognize them
too.