RE: No consensus on draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

Paul,

I can't read every message that goes through my mailbox.  In the past 3
months alone, I've gotten an average of 4 emails a day from you (369 to be
exact).  And they are all typically long.  Granted, some are duplicates, but
it's still impossible to read every new message.

However, on this one I went through each of your links listed.  I never
found something along the lines of "If you do POST always, xyz will happen
and they are bad".  You've said that some stuff can't be used, like
XInclude/XSLT/XQuery.  Interesting, but not a killer to me.  I do say this
with sadness as an XInclude editor, BTW.  You've said that GET/PUT/DELETE
can be used.  That's fine, but not as compelling as saying it's broken.
OTOH, Roy says things like, "If you do POST always with embedded methods,
firewalls become totally broken".  He hasn't explained that fully yet, but
I'm looking forward to it.

And as with all RESTafarians, you miss the point that sometimes (gasp)
people want to use SOAP on things other than HTTP.  What some people want to
do is have SOAP be a unified protocol on top of HTTP, SMTP, JMS, MQSeries,
MyFavoriteMessagingProtocol, etc.  TimBL himself has said that the web is
more protocols than HTTP.  So picking just HTTP POST makes software's job a
LOT easier.  We might have an interesting discussion on why a whole bunch of
other protocols is a bad idea, but that is a different issue.

BTW, I did like the article you wrote about Google APIs.

Cheers,
Dave