Re: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 01:23:43 -0500
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, www-tag@w3.org
On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 01:17, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 06:36  PM, Mark Baker wrote:
> > Without a doubt, Web services are important to the membership.  Nobody
> > would argue with that.  The question being asked is, are Web services
> > important to the Web?  Do they help lead the Web to its full potential?
> > Roy, myself, and everybody else I've talked to who understands Web
> > architecture, agrees that they don't.
> TimBL, with his director's cap on, made a presentation [1] at the AC
> meeting in Hong Kong that belies this (there was a nice RDF-generated
> SVG illustration of this that I can't seem to find, at the moment).

I'm pretty sure you mean this...

"Roadmap diagrams

Here are some roadmap diagrams which illustrate, broadly, dependencies

W3C activities both actual and contemplated. The granularity varies a
little. For example, st

the time to writing, Voice and XHTML seen as single nodes wheras in fact
they are each

composed of several items closely related.

    * Web Services architecture under discussion
    * Semantic Web components (simplified)
    * Combination of Web Services and Semantic Web
    * All activities
  -- http://www.w3.org/2001/04/roadmap/