Re: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 01:17, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 06:36  PM, Mark Baker wrote:
>
> > Without a doubt, Web services are important to the membership.  Nobody
> > would argue with that.  The question being asked is, are Web services
> > important to the Web?  Do they help lead the Web to its full potential?
> > Roy, myself, and everybody else I've talked to who understands Web
> > architecture, agrees that they don't.
>
> TimBL, with his director's cap on, made a presentation [1] at the AC
> meeting in Hong Kong that belies this (there was a nice RDF-generated
> SVG illustration of this that I can't seem to find, at the moment).

I'm pretty sure you mean this...

"Roadmap diagrams

2001/04/30

Here are some roadmap diagrams which illustrate, broadly, dependencies
between

W3C activities both actual and contemplated. The granularity varies a
little. For example, st

the time to writing, Voice and XHTML seen as single nodes wheras in fact
they are each

composed of several items closely related.

    * Web Services architecture under discussion
    * Semantic Web components (simplified)
    * Combination of Web Services and Semantic Web
    * All activities
"
  -- http://www.w3.org/2001/04/roadmap/