Re: No consensus on draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

Keith Moore wrote:

> > Leadership is the skill of getting others to follow.
>
> yup.  so if you want people to use GET for safe operations, you need to
> explain not only how to do it, but also why using GET instead of POST
> results in some benefit for their trouble.

I have personally done so at length, over and over again:

 * http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/02/06/rest.html
 * http://www.prescod.net/rest/rpc_for_get.html
 * http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200202/msg00909.html

Every day I get emails from people who tell me the completely understand
and have experienced the same benefits without consciously understanding
what they were doing. e.g

 * http://www.byte.com/documents/s=1113/byt20010816s0002/0820_udell.html

 Paul Prescod