Re: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:38:03PM -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> my guess is that lots of people will continue to treat HTTP as an RPC
> mechanism no matter what architecture you promote.

Absolutely.  People have tunneled over HTTP for a long time, and will
continue to do so.  I just disagree that the W3C should put its stamp
of approval on this practice for the sake of some misdirected work that
its membership voted to start based *entirely* on a misunderstanding of
how the Web works.  On the contrary, I'd like them to say "you don't
need to tunnel, and if you do, you're not on the Web", which I believe
the TAG may be working towards.

MB