Re: [HTTPSubstrate-16] What is W3C's position on RFC 3205?

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:19:20 -0800
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
I've been doing some surfing and found a few more references on this and
related subjects.  It looks like Stuart has spent some quality time
studying
the issue of HTTP status codes for XMLP

     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Jun/thread.html#15
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Jun/0170.html

Larry Masinter talked about the problems of reusing port 80 in

http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0004&L=soap&O=D&P=24041

And a general article on why people have firewalls in the first place.

     http://www.networkcomputing.com/917/917colmoskowitz.html

And no list would be complete without one of my responses to the many
complaints
about HTTP not being good for layering.

     http://www.xent.com/aug00/0576.html

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/evaluation.htm#sec_6_5_3