Re: Please add support for IEEE float number in SVG

This is an interesting suggestion.

SVG 2 is harmonizing with CSS for number formats
<https://www.w3.org/TR/css-syntax/#consume-a-number>, so the addition
should be made there.

If you're able to file issues via GitHub, I'd recommend doing so here:
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues
Tag it in the subject line as [css-syntax][css-values]

That said, I can see a few obstacles:

   - SVG currently only requires single-precision floats
   <https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/types.html#Precision>, not double.  CSS
   doesn't currently specify precision requirements; there is an open issue
   suggesting that it should be formally made undefined behavior (#4552)
   <https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4552>.

   - The `#nnnnnnnn` format is already used in CSS and SVG for colors.
   Parsing would be ambiguous in some CSS properties.

   - CSS (and SVG) are mostly harmonizing with JavaScript (ECMAScript) for
   any new Math-related features, and JavaScript doesn't have any hex-based
   formats for floats.

You might get more support for a request to specify the parsing/rounding
rules for converting between decimal representation and binary floats
(which would most likely match the ECMAScript specification
<https://tc39.es/ecma262/#number-value>, and use the "round to nearest,
with ties to even" rule). With this guaranteed, you could be confident that
a decimal version of a number would always parse into the same binary
representation. But first, the precision level (single or double float)
would need to be defined.

~Amelia Bellamy-Royds