Re: SVG in SVG.

Hi Peter,

This mailing list is for discussing future changes to the SVG standards. It
isn't a help forum.

That said. A quick answer: your inner <svg> still has width & height
attributes, which define how much space the drawing will scale to,
regardless of how big or small the outer <svg>. Nesting the <svg> elements
does not add anything in your case: what you need is simply to change the
existing width and height attributes.

For help in future, StackOverflow is a good place to get eyes on tricky
questions. But there is also lots of learning material on the web to help
get a grasp on some of the less intuitive SVG attributes. On viewBox +
preserveAspectRatio, you can start with:
https://www.sarasoueidan.com/blog/svg-coordinate-systems/
https://css-tricks.com/scale-svg/

Best of luck,
~Amelia Bellamy-Royds