Re: [svg] minutes from 2018-07-09 - update from Dirk

From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 17:18:39 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org
Update after the meeting:

<krit> Update to `glyph-orientation-vertical`. In Adobe Illustrator,
the SVG export route writes `glyph-orientation-vertical` and `text-
orientation` in parallel for all cases where the mapping defined in htt
ps://drafts.csswg.org/css-writing-modes-3/#valdef-text-orientation-
sideways between `glyph-orientation-vertical` and` test-orientation`
matches and for any other (unusal) cases we use `<tspans>`.
<krit> Since WebKit based browsers do not support the necessary
orientation of some `text-orientation` property values yet, Adobe
Illustrator will continue to write both properties.
<krit> I am withdrawing any reservations/objections to remove `glyph-
orientation-vertical` from the spec.

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG