Re: Who would know? sorry for being off-topic

Hi, David–

I suspect you're thinking of the Priority of Constituencies [1]:

[[
In case of conflict, consider users over authors over implementors over
specifiers over theoretical purity. In other words costs or difficulties
to the user should be given more weight than costs to authors; which in
turn should be given more weight than costs to implementors; which
should be given more weight than costs to authors of the spec itself,
which should be given more weight than those proposing changes for
theoretical reasons alone. Of course, it is preferred to make things
better for multiple constituencies at once.
]]

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/#priority-of-constituencies

Regards–
Doug