On SVG future

From: Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:32:56 -0500
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi All,

I see a lot of concerns around the future of the SVG specification.  The
recent attempt to recharter the SVG Working Group didn't trigger enough
support unfortunately. We've been looking at alternatives, including the
possibility of getting help from the CSS Working Group [1]. There is
also a desire to align the work with our Recommendation Track Readiness
Best Practices [3], pushing features that are still inspirational into
community groups.

I also see a lot of misappropriate behavior on the list. As a reminder,
W3C is committed to maintain a positive work environment [3].  A
foundational concept of our code of conduct is that we all share
responsibility for our work environment. So, please, let's focus on
advancing the Web platform.

Philippe

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2017Feb/0046.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/Guide/standards-track/