Re: make font metrics visible to user

Yes. Having a tightest box of certain text or glyph is a useful feature,
too.
Somewhat like: text.getTightestBox()

For my case I would like to have a function `text.getFontMetrics()` which
tells me the exact metrics of the font of this text element (maybe
including bboxes and glyphs) taking all font properties into account.