Re: [SVG2 CR] stroke position?

Deferring the SVG 2 spec for years, while every feature was sorted out, was
not an option.  There are too many *other* features and clarifications that
we wanted to officially recognize as stable specifications.

That doesn't mean those deferred features will be delayed for another
decade.  The purpose of the "module" approach is to be able to update
individual features as they gain clear definitions and implementation
support, instead of waiting for a complete overhaul of the entire SVG spec.

But I agree that the working group needs to be more transparent about the
decisions to defer features that were previously planned for SVG 2.  I've
made an issue to track that, on GitHub:
https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/284  If anyone already has (or wants to
compile) a rough list of those features, please add comments there.