Re: Drawing zero length closed subpaths

> On 25 Jan 2016, at 9:21 PM, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> Your example looks good for stroke-linejoin round, because here
> no directionality is relevant, but there is no good solution for miter or
> bevel (By the way - your sample exposes funny artefacts in browsers for the
> bevel case, worth to explore ;o).
> Obviously, with intelligence and declarative animation it is possible to
> determine/extrapolate a meaningful result, but without, what to do?
> At some point, there is no mathematical trick anymore to determine,
> what is the right and meaningful solution.
> At this point authors have to care themselves to ensure, that something
> meaningful happens.
>
> But of course, a nice and consistent behaviour for closed subpaths of zero
> length would be helpful, as far as possible.

I’ve created a github issue to track this:
https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/42

Please continue discussion there.

Thanks,
Nikos.
The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.